StrongerBC future skills grant
The StrongerBC future skills grant (FSG) is open to most British Columbian residents aged 19 years or older – regardless of financial need – and covers up to $3,500 in eligible short-term skills training at public post-secondary institutions. Detailed information on this grant may be found on the WorkBC website.
To be eligible for the StrongerBC future skills grant, you:
- must be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person entitled to study in Canada
- must be a BC resident and currently live in BC
- must be 19 years or older or have graduated high school by the start of your course/program
- must provide consent for UBC to disclose your information to the Province of British Columbia
- should not be receiving duplicative and/or overlapping funding to cover eligible costs (i.e. grants, loans, scholarships, or other funding that covers the same program costs as the StrongerBC future skills grant).
You should also understand that:
- future skills grant benefits may have tax implications
- the future skills grant is subject to a lifetime maximum of $3,500
- if you are receiving any federal or provincial benefit, such as Employment Insurance (EI) or BC Employment Assistance (BCEA), you must seek approval from the appropriate government body before participating in a program
- the amount of future skills grant funding you receive is subject to review and audit.
Learners can choose from the following list of UBC Okanagan programs that start in the September – December 2023 time frame:
Steps to Access Grant
CHOOSE YOUR COURSE OR PROGRAM
Find an eligible course or program that you are interested in and ensure that you meet any admission requirements. UBC Okanagan Continuing and Professional Education has four eligible offerings (see above).
GET PERSONAL INFORMATION READY
The declaration and application form will ask for the following information:
Please note, the form may be submitted without the optional information above, but we will need to obtain it from you in advance of your registration.
COMPLETE THE DECLARATION FORM
The information you provide below will be used to confirm your eligibility for the StrongerBC future skills grant and facilitate your registration.
Once you have submitted the form below, a member of the Continuing and Professional Education team will follow up within 2-4 business days by email. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com
*The PEN is a unique nine-digit number assigned to all students in the province of BC. If you attended school in BC, you may already have a PEN. Learn how you can find your PEN or request a PEN